Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"I'M BIZZZZAYYYYYYYY!!!!" Lady Gaga

BUSY?! Is that the word? I'm still not sure. Maybe, it would be more appropriate to say I'm distracted. It's already 12pm, and sniff sniff- WHAT'S THAT SMELL?! Oh yea...I haven't showered yet. That's right! I have baby spit-up dripping down my shirt, the smells of yesterday stained on my skin, and my hair smells like my breakfast. All joking aside, this is "my normal." Finally! It's SHOWER TIME!!! YAY!!! (me time) Allow me to paint the picture for you: My 6 month daughter is on the bathroom rug (already bathed thanks to her very helpful father.) She has a plastic cup in hand, a few toys to keep her busy, and is surrounded by stuffed animals to make sure she doesn't fall and bump her head on our tiled floor. Now, here's me. I have shampoo in my hair, I'm playing peek-a-boo through the shower curtain to make sure Emm doesn't cry, meanwhile I'm attempting to do a half ass job shaving one leg (2 is always impossible!) At the same time, I'm reciting my grocery list inside my brain, thinking of new 4N21 products to develop and oh yea...trying to hurry the hell up bc a repair man is about to knock on my door in 5 minutes to look at my broken kitchen sink. 5 Minutes...this craziness only took place in a matter of 5 friggen minutes. Now, let me ask again, BUSY?! Who cares to be honest! The bottom line is that I need a days worth of gadgets and gizmos to help get me through this never ending story called life. Luckily there are products like 4N21, Iphones, Ipads and Swifter to help us clear through the clutter and be more efficient. But, my favorite thing to do in the midst of everything is smile! Why you ask? Well, as a NYC bum put it the other day, "Smile! It won't cost you a thing!" And he was perfectly sane! This man is right! Smiling keeps us young, it requires 0 time and best of all, it doesn't cost us a thing! Laugh when you find yourself spread thin, and maybe cry too. After all, we certainly need a release from time to time. Now, here's the takeaway from 2day's blog: READ when you have time of course! THE BENEFITS OF LAUGHING AND SMILING WHEN YOUR DAY HAS BECOME TOO MUCH TO HANDLE: -When you laugh, your body releases endorphins. These are brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters, which make us feel happy. They are also a natural pain and stress reliever. -Laughing reduces levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, and gives us a quick burst of energy. -A good laugh can be beneficial to the lungs, boost immunity, and could even burn off calories. -Smiley, happy people are thought to have more friends and be more successful, by appearing more confident and approachable.

No comments: